We Want To Answer Your Questions About Your Case
Surviving an injury, coping with the insurance company and filing a legal claim are not easy feats. Along the way, you have probably had plenty of questions about the multiple steps and confounding red tape.
Fortunately, the attorneys at Chopra & Nocerino, LLP, make it a priority to answer any questions you have about your case. Even though every case is unique, we tend to hear a few major questions from everyone we see. Here, we will answer a few of our New York clients’ frequently asked questions.
Q: What Should I Do After An Accident?
- Get medical treatment: Immediately after an accident of any sort, the most important thing is to get medical help. Go to a doctor as soon as possible, even if you do not notice any physical injuries.
- Document the scene: Contact the police so they can file a report. Then, get the contact information and insurance information of the other person or people involved in the accident. Take pictures of the scene. Get the names and contact info of any witnesses.
- Contact an attorney: This part is very important: Do not talk to any insurance company reps until you have a personal injury lawyer. Insurance companies are very good at getting you to admit fault so they can minimize your settlement. Hire an attorney who can protect your rights.
Q. What Are Some Of The Most Common Accidents In New York?
Accidents can happen to anyone, anywhere. In Brooklyn, Queens and Long Island, some of the most common injuries result from:
- Cars, trucks and motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Taxi, public bus and ride-share accidents
- Construction site incidents
- Police brutality
Q. My Accident Was A While Ago. Do I Still Have A Case?
Possibly! Many injuries do not appear until weeks, months or even years after an accident. Even if your accident was not recent, you may still be able to recover compensation.
Q. What Are Damages? What Kind Of Damages Could I Collect?
In legal jargon, “damages” are the costs that someone incurs because of an act of negligence. After an injury, you could possibly recover damages for:
- Hospital bills
- Rehabilitation, prescriptions and doctor’s appointments
- Lost wages from missing work
- Auto repairs
- Psychological trauma
Q. Do I Really Need A Lawyer?
New Yorkers like to be independent. But after an injury, it will benefit you greatly to work with a lawyer. Attempting to handle your case on your own can result in delays, legal problems and expensive mistakes. Work with a personal injury attorney the first time around and it can save you from expensive headaches.
Ask More Questions. Get A Free Consultation.
Chopra & Nocerino, LLP, provides free consultations, and we work on contingency. This means that you will pay nothing unless we recover compensation for you. Contact our office in New York City to speak with an injury attorney and ask your questions. Call 212-868-3600, toll-free at 855-692-4878 or send an email today.