NEW YORK UBER ACCIDENT LAWYER
ON THIS PAGE
In a city like New York, rideshare services are a popular form of transportation. Unfortunately, Uber and other rideshare services are not immune to accidents. If you have been hurt in a rideshare accident at little to no fault of your own, you have the right to seek compensation. The New York Uber accident lawyers at Chopra & Nocerino, LLP, have the skills and experience needed to handle your rideshare accident case. Visit our contact page to schedule your free consultation.
Over the past decade, rideshare services have become prevalent, especially in a city like New York. These popular services offer New Yorkers and visitors to the city a convenient way to get around the city and neighboring communities. However, as with all motor vehicles on our busy streets, Ubers can also get into accidents.
Whether you were a passenger in an Uber vehicle or a road user hit by an Uber driver, you may be entitled to legal compensation after being injured in a rideshare accident. The New York Uber accident lawyers at Chopra & Nocerino, LLP, can help. Our all-star personal injury lawyers can guide you step-by-step down the path toward compensation. Visit our contact page to schedule your free consultation.
Your New York Uber Accident All-Stars Experts: Why Choose Chopra & Nocerino, LLP?
At Chopra & Nocerino, LLP, our Uber car accident attorneys are ready to go to bat for our clients. We are a full-service personal injury law firm with the skills, resources, and experience needed to knock it out of the park on your behalf. We believe in the high quality of our services. Here are a few reasons why:
- Proven Expertise – Our all-star team of personal injury attorneys goes the extra mile to get the best results for our clients. We are very proud of the strong reputation we have built in the legal community for delivering excellent legal representation each and every time. We have been recognized by numerous national professional organizations and publications, including Super Lawyers, the National Association of Distinguished Counsel, and National Trial Lawyers.
- Real Success Stories – Our firm boasts a long list of high-value verdicts and settlements secured on behalf of our clients. For example, our team secured a $1.25 million settlement for a 23-year-old passenger injured in a taxi. Learn more by visiting our verdicts and settlements page.
- Transparent Communication – Folks who work with law firms often complain that their attorneys do not take their calls and never follow up about the status of their cases. We understand how frustrating this can be! When working with Chopra & Nocerino, LLP, you will never be left hanging. Our New York Uber accident attorneys will keep you up to date every step of the way.
What To Do If You are Injured in an Uber Accident
Remember, what you do in the immediate aftermath of an accident can have an enormous impact on the viability of your claim for compensation. The steps you should take after being injured in an Uber accident are largely the same as those you would take after any other auto accident:
- Seek medical attention – Even if you don’t think you were seriously injured, get checked out by a doctor as soon as possible. Your medical records will become a key source of evidence in your lawsuit, and seeking early medical attention will ensure that nothing is overlooked.
- Collect evidence at the scene – Start by taking photos and videos with your phone. Then, gather the names and numbers of any potential witnesses. Consider taking notes about what happened while the details are still fresh in your memory, and do not forget to save all the trip’s data from your Uber and navigation app.
- Collect information from drivers and other passengers – Ask your Uber driver, other passengers, and the driver of the other vehicle for their names and contact information. Also, ask all involved drivers for their insurance information and driver’s license number.
- Contact a New York Uber accident lawyer – A lawyer can help you understand your full rights and legal options. They can also handle negotiations with insurance and rideshare companies when the time comes to seek an Uber car accident settlement. This is the best way to make sure you are not taken advantage of by at-fault parties.
Uber Accident Injuries and Insurance Claims
Uber accident claims often come with some unique legal challenges not found in more commonplace accidents. The first is insurance coverage. First, it is important to note that New York is a no-fault insurance state, which means that all drivers must carry minimum levels of insurance covering injuries and losses regardless of who caused an accident.
Beyond this, New York requires all rideshare companies to make sure their drivers carry minimum levels of auto liability insurance. However, this coverage is not always enough to pay for the full damages of victims injured in accidents.
In some instances, it does not even apply. For example, blameless victims must turn to the at-fault driver’s personal insurance if an Uber driver’s rideshare app was turned off. Further, if the app was on between trips, Uber offers the following coverage, but only if the Uber driver’s personal insurance does not apply:
- $75,000 in bodily injury per person
- $150,000 in bodily injury per accident
- $25,000 in property damage per accident
If an Uber driver is en route to pick up a passenger or an accident happens during a trip, Uber also provides $1,250,000 in third-party liability coverage. In certain cases, Uber also provides uninsured/underinsured motorists coverage.
Insurance policies can be complex. When dealing with insurance adjusters interpreting those policies with an eye toward denying your claim, it can be even more difficult. Let Chopra & Nocerino deal with insurers on your behalf. We know all their tricks and will make sure you are not taken advantage of.
Damages Available in a New York Uber Accident Lawsuit
You may be eligible for a wide variety of compensation through a rideshare accident lawsuit. Your economic damages will cover things that can be easily reduced to a monetary value. Your non-economic damages will cover things that cannot be reduced in this way due to their subjective nature.
These forms of damages are collectively known as compensatory damages and can reimburse you for things like:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Lowered future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Lowered quality of life
- Property damage
Again, it is important to remember that the insurance adjusters handling your case will do their best to minimize or deny the value of your claim. Working with a skilled personal injury attorney is the best way to stand up to them when they do.
What Can You Expect When Filing Your New York Uber Accident Claim?
Being injured in an auto accident can be distressing and disorienting. But remember, you do not have to handle the aftermath alone. The compassionate New York Uber accident attorneys at Chopra & Nocerino, LLP, are here to make sure you know your legal rights and options, as well as how we will steer your case on the road toward compensation.
The first thing we will do is evaluate what insurance coverage is available in your case, including any available no-fault insurance coverage required by the state of New York. Then, we will carefully examine the facts of your case to determine (1) who was responsible for the accident and (2) whether the Uber driver was “on the job” or not.
Next, we will calculate the full and fair compensation you are entitled to. After this, we will demand that the relevant insurers compensate you. If a fair out-of-court settlement cannot be achieved, we will talk to you about taking your case to court.
In New York, you typically have three years from the accident date to file an Uber car accident lawsuit. If the deadline is missed, your right to pursue compensation in court will most likely be eliminated. Therefore, do not wait to have your case reviewed by an experienced attorney.
Uber Accident Statistics: What You Need to Know
Uber accidents are more common than you may think. Uber itself reported “101 individual motor vehicle fatalities . . . across 91 fatal Uber-related crashes” in its 2019-2020 safety report. According to the report, the most common causes of fatal Uber accidents were:
- Driving the wrong way
It is important to remember that Uber drivers, like the rest of us, are not immune from driver error and accidents. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, some of the most common causes of accidents nationwide include:
- Drunk driving
- Drug-impaired driving
- Distracted driving
- Misuse or lack of use of seat belts
- Drowsy driving
Uber’s safety report also provides some data on common causes of fatal accidents associated with the rideshare service. For example, the report found that:
- 13 percent of fatalities involved non-Uber drivers not wearing a seatbelt.
- 15 percent of fatalities involved Uber passengers not wearing seatbelts.
- 42 percent of individuals killed were pedestrians, motorcyclists, bicyclists, or scooter riders.
When handling the aftermath of an Uber accident, it helps to have a car accident lawyer who knows how complicated these claims can become. Chopra & Nocerino, LLP, has developed a strong reputation for championing the interests of personal injury victims throughout New York, including those involved in rideshare accidents. Let us do the same for you.
Our Accident Attorneys Have What It Takes to Handle Your New York Uber Accident Case
Like any auto accident, an Uber accident can result in serious and sometimes even fatal injuries. The personal injury lawyers at Chopra & Nocerino, LLP, are real New Yorkers and proudly defend the rights of folks in our community injured at little to no fault of their own.
We have recovered millions of dollars in compensation for accident victims throughout the five boroughs and beyond. Let us put our experience to work for you. Fill out our online form to schedule your free consultation with an Uber car accident lawyer in New York.
CONTACT A LAWYER TODAY
ON THIS PAGE
- $10 MILLION
TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY
- $3.5 MILLION
CHILD WRONGFUL DEATH
- $3.5 MILLION
CHILD WRONGFUL DEATH
- $2.55 MILLION
18 WHEELER WRONGFUL DEATH
- $2.25 MILLION
- $10 MILLION